Title Image


Bio­­methane. Production | Trading | Services

Looking to use green gas? Then you’re in good hands with us. As Europe’s leading independent biomethane trader, you can always depend on Landwärme.

We are active across Europe as a biomethane supplier, service provider and consultant. Our trading portfolio features a range of biomethane qualities. We produce some of our biomethane ourselves in our own biomethane plants, while the rest comes from our many biomethane suppliers throughout Europe.


There is a change of shareholders at energy provider Polarstern. Two of the three founders, Jakob Assmann and Simon Stadler, as well as the investor Energie 360° are leaving and biomethane trader Landwärme is becoming a new shareholder. Polarstern founder Florian Henle now holds 51 percent of the shares in Polarstern GmbH with this company Melchior Ventures and LW Beteiligungs GmbH, a company owned by the founder of Landwärme GmbH, holds the remaining 49 percent. Polarstern and Landwärme are owner-managed companies. MORE >

Yesterday, Landwärme received “Bavaria’s Best 50” award from Deputy Minister President and Minister of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy Hubert Aiwanger. With the award, the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy is honoring the 50 fastest-growing medium-sized companies in 2023. MORE >

Mannheim-based energy company MVV has reached a first milestone on the way to realising its climate-positive target. The biowaste fermentation plant in Dresden-Klotzsche is the company’s first facility at which more CO2 is captured and stored than released into the atmosphere. The milestone is realised through the collection and storage of captured and liquefied CO2. The greenhouse gas is used in concrete recycling and permanently removed from the atmosphere by storing it in demolition concrete. Landwärme and the Swiss company neustark are project partners. MORE >

Meet us.


Webinar: Biomethane Now More Than Ever


Biogaspartner Conference & Dena Congress


21. Süddeutsche Biogasfachtagung


Biogas Convention & Trade Fair 2019


Global Biomass Energy Innovation Development Summit 2019


International Biogas Congress & Expo



13th Conference on Gaseous-Fuel Powered Vehicles


2nd Expert Discussion: Local Courtyard Biogas Filling Station


European Utility Week 2019


2nd Hydrogen Day South Germany


The World Biogas Summit 2021



Biomethane? Landwärme!

We are your biomethane supplier

Once it has been fed into the natural gas grid, biomethane can be used in all kinds of areas. It gives energy providers a convenient renewable energy resource they can offer their customers – whether as a biogas product in urban heating applications or for use in industrial CHP systems, for example. Biomethane is also an attractive fuel option. Take advantage of the various support schemes and become part of the energy transition.

Whatever your plans, we have you covered with the right type of biomethane in the required quantity and quality.

Biomethan für Energieversorger & Stadtwerke

Looking for a sustainable gas product for your customers?

Biomethan für Blockheizkraftwerke

Looking to introduce biomethane in your CHP plant?

Biomethan für Erdgastankstellen

Looking to offer biomethane as an environmentally friendly fuel?

We will take care of everything.

Additional services from a single source

Many single interdisciplinary steps have to be taken before green gas can make its way through the pipeline. As a consultant, we are happy to assist you with your biomethane project. We ensure a smooth supply of biomethane, take care of balancing group management, and arrange the necessary agreements. And we can provide all of the quality and sustainability certificates required to partake in support schemes. All our services can also be booked separately.


Competent and experienced:

We are on hand to answer all of your questions relating to biogas upgrading and the possible applications of biomethane. MORE >

Balancing group management

Precise and efficient: Landwärme Service GmbH ensures your gas supply is handled smoothly and effortlessly. MORE >


Detailed and well-versed: You can count on our expertise in all established certification and documentation systems throughout Europe. MORE >

Legal matters

A maze of regulations in the energy sector? Our lawyers battle their way through the jargon and take care of contract design.

These customers already place their trust in Landwärme. Take a look at our reference projects.